Baraboo Wrongful Death Lawyer
Compassionate Support and Compensation After a Wrongful Death
No family should endure the heart-wrenching experience of losing a loved one because of negligence or intentional harm.
When tragedy strikes and you suspect that someone else’s actions caused your loved one’s death, the law provides a way to file a claim for wrongful death compensation.
Navigating this complex and sensitive area requires both understanding and familiarity with Wisconsin’s wrongful death laws.
At Pemberton Personal Injury Law Firm, our team of experienced Baraboo wrongful death lawyers helps families like yours seek the justice and compensation they need and deserve.
We recognize that no amount of money can replace your loved one, but it can alleviate some of the financial strain during this trying time.
Call us today to learn more about how we can help you.
7 Reasons to Choose Pemberton Law for Your Wrongful Death Claim
The pain of losing a loved one due to another’s negligence can be unbearable. During such a challenging time, you need attorneys who not only comprehend Wisconsin wrongful death laws but also empathize with your grief and unique challenges.
Here’s why Baraboo Personal Injury Law Firm Pemberton Law is your trusted partner for your wrongful death claim:
- Proven success. We’ve been blessed to be able to help our clients recover over one million dollars in settlements and awards. Our success isn’t just about numbers; it’s about obtaining justice for grieving families.
- Reputation for excellence. Our respected standing in the legal community empowers us to negotiate favorable settlements and achieve courtroom victories. We also won awards recognizing us as some of the best attorneys in Wisconsin and top trial lawyers in the nation.
- Wrongful death experience. We have an in-depth understanding of Wisconsin’s wrongful death statutes, procedural rules, and case law, allowing us to build strong cases.
- Personalized approach. Your story matters. We tailor our representation to your specific needs, ensuring your rights and interests are our top priority.
- Skillful advocacy. We are adept negotiators and litigators, ready to engage in complex negotiations or pursue litigation when necessary.
- Compassionate guidance. While we can’t erase your loss, we can ease your financial burdens and guide you with empathy through the legal process.
- No upfront costs. Our contingency fee basis means you only pay if we win your case, eliminating financial stress.
How to Establish a Wrongful Death Claim in Baraboo, Wisconsin
A wrongful death claim arises when a person’s demise results from the negligence, wrongful act, or intentional harm of another individual or entity.
This legal action seeks to provide compensation to surviving family members who have suffered emotionally and financially due to the death.
In Baraboo, a wrongful death claim can be established in various scenarios:
- Negligence. Such as fatal car accidents caused by another driver’s negligence or workplace incidents.
- Intentional acts. Includes cases of intentional harm, such as murder or manslaughter.
- Product liability. When a defective product contributes to a fatal incident.
- Premises liability. Owners may be liable if unsafe conditions on their property lead to death.
- Commercial entities. Businesses may be held accountable if employee negligence or commercial violations lead to a fatal accident.
Proving Negligence with a Pemberton Law Attorney
To prevail in a wrongful death claim, the plaintiff must demonstrate:
- Legal duty: The defendant had an obligation to protect the deceased person.
- Breach of duty: The defendant failed to fulfill their obligation, resulting in a breach.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused the loved one’s death.
- Measurable damages: The death resulted in quantifiable emotional and financial losses.
Consult the experienced Baraboo wrongful death attorneys to navigate your intricate wrongful death lawsuit.
Our team will assess and advise you based on your situation, construct a compelling case, and seek the compensation you and your family need now and in the future.
Pursuing Just Compensation for Your Loss
A wrongful death case encompasses various damages, including:
- Medical bills: Costs incurred before the loved one’s passing.
- Funeral expenses: Burial, cremation, and related costs.
- Lost inheritance: Compensation for unfulfilled financial potential.
- Loss of companionship: Significant for minor children or spouses.
- Financial burden: Addressing the financial strain left behind.
What’s the Time Limit for Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Filing a wrongful death suit must adhere to Wisconsin’s statute of limitations, which is two or three years depending on the circumstances surrounding the death.
If the wrongful death involves a car accident, this timeframe may be shortened to two years. Failing to file within this period could result in the denial of your claim.
Consult an experienced attorney to understand the specifics of your case and file within the allotted time.
Who Can Initiate a Wrongful Death Claim?
Various family members can initiate a wrongful death suit, including the deceased’s spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, and siblings.
Pursuing a wrongful death claim can provide financial relief to multiple family members impacted by the loss.
For instance, minor children, a spouse, or a domestic partner left behind can receive a portion of the awarded damages.
Consult dedicated Baraboo wrongful death lawyers to navigate this legal journey and seek justice in honor of your loved one.
Seek Justice With Compassionate Baraboo Attorneys
Honoring Loved Ones with Legal Support
At Pemberton Personal Injury Law Firm, we understand the depth of pain that accompanies wrongful deaths.
While compensation can’t replace your loved one, it can provide relief from financial burdens.
Our compassionate team offers free consultations and we will answer all of your questions.
We strive to guide families through these difficult times with understanding and respect. We focus on your legal needs so you can concentrate on healing and remembrance.
By partnering with our dedicated team, you’ll find a thoughtful approach to legal support, tailored to your unique situation.
Reach out to us today to learn how we can assist you in honoring your loved one’s memory. Call us at 608-448-6242 or contact a wrongful death attorney online, and find out if we are the right law firm for you.
Pemberton Personal Injury Law Firm
315 Broadway Street Suite 100
Baraboo, WI 53913