Madison Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
The amount of pedestrian accidents that occur daily in Wisconsin is staggering. No one is immune to these accidents, and they can have devastating results. Elderly adults and children are some of the most common victims of these types of accidents.
If you or a loved one were involved in a pedestrian accident, you have options to protect yourself and your family, and your finances. Let an experienced Madison pedestrian accident attorney walk you through the following steps and learn more about what you can do to continue to pursue recovery and a positive outcome to your case.
Why Choose Pemberton Law as Your Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Madison, Wisconsin
When you’re a victim of a pedestrian accident, the challenges you face can be overwhelming. Medical bills, loss of income, physical pain, and emotional trauma are just some of the hurdles you may be dealing with. At Pemberton Law, we’re here to shoulder that burden and guide you through the legal maze to obtain the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Proven Success: Pemberton Law has obtained millions of dollars in settlements for its clients. Our success speaks volumes about our commitment to handling personal injury cases, especially those involving pedestrian accidents. We have the experience, knowledge, and assertiveness to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
- Recognition and Respect: We’re successful because the insurance companies, medical providers, and courts know us and respect the work we do. Our reputation precedes us, and we leverage this respect to fight tirelessly for our clients’ rights.
- Client-Centric Approach: Our proven track record of success isn’t based solely on our knowledge of the judicial system; we also make it our priority to get to know our clients and their cases, so we can best represent them. We understand that every case is unique and tailor our approach to meet your specific needs and goals. At Pemberton Law, you’re not just another case number; you’re a valued individual deserving of personalized attention.
- Comprehensive Legal Support: From the moment you choose us, we’ll be by your side, providing seasoned legal advice, gathering evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and, if necessary, taking your case to court. Our attorneys know how to get results, utilizing their comprehensive understanding of pedestrian accident laws to build a robust case.
- No Upfront Fees: Our law firm believes that legal representation should be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Compassionate Representation: We recognize that a pedestrian accident can be a life-changing event. Our lawyers are not only legal professionals, but compassionate individuals who genuinely care about your recovery. We’ll work closely with you, maintaining open and transparent communication throughout the entire legal process.
Choosing Pemberton Law means entrusting your case to a team of dedicated, experienced, and compassionate personal injury lawyers. Our mission is to provide you with the best possible representation, easing your burden, and fighting for the compensation you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. Let us be your advocate in your time of need.
What Are Common Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Madison?
Pedestrian accidents can occur without a moment of warning, and it only takes a split second for someone to become gravely injured. Some of the most common accidents occur due to a pedestrian walking or jogging and being struck by a motor vehicle. In these cases, the underlying cause is almost always negligence in some form.
- Failure to Share the Road: Drivers don’t always give pedestrians enough room on the roads, which can cause them not to leave themselves enough time to react if the walker or jogger changes directions or doesn’t see them quickly enough.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers often choose not to yield to pedestrians while crossing busy intersections or stepping off buses or other public transportation. Even pedestrians in crosswalks aren’t always safe from accidents.
- Distracted or Intoxicated Driving: Some drivers don’t see the pedestrian until it is too late. A failure to notice a pedestrian can be caused by many reasons, including distracted driving, speeding, or the driver’s intoxication.
Whatever the cause, a collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian can have serious consequences. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate your pedestrian accident case to determine liability and relentlessly pursue justice on your behalf.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries: How to Pursue Compensation
Financial stress after an accident can quickly become overwhelming. Not only do you need to seek medical care to heal your injuries, but you will likely miss work. This can create mounting bills with less income to pay for them, creating the perfect storm for financial stress.
It is essential to document all expenses related to the accident, including the medical bills you have acquired, lost income, and even transportation costs, and other unexpected financial items related to the accident. Your experienced injury attorney from Wisconsin can help you to gather and calculate the total value of your damages and see to it that your claim is as comprehensive as possible. These calculations don’t just accommodate for your present injuries, but also how they’re likely to affect you in the future. For example, a chronic condition or long-term disability as a result of the bicycle accident could imply a loss of future wages or income due to the victim no longer being able to perform their duties at work as they were before. Additionally, if you were once able to earn a higher wage and now, due to your injuries, need to settle for a less demanding position that also pays less, you may be entitled to compensation to bridge that gap.
In addition to your financial losses, our attorneys will also make sure that you are compensated for the pain, suffering, and emotional strain of the accident. If an older adult or young child was injured, the burden on caregivers can be especially demanding. You may not have all the answers to how your family will move forward after this terrible event, but our lawyers can help you prepare for what’s to come and help you get the resources you need to make the right decisions about your future.
Pedestrian Accident Fatalities
Unfortunately, dozens of pedestrian fatalities occur every year in Wisconsin. When a loss of life tragically occurs at the hands of a negligent person, surviving family members and personal representatives are legally entitled to seek compensation on behalf of their loved one.
Because of the complexity of the laws governing wrongful death claims and the emotional toll these claims can take, seeking professional legal assistance is often essential.
At Pemberton Law, we have the knowledge and compassion to guide you through this difficult process, helping you understand your rights and helping you seek the justice and compensation you and your family deserve. If you believe you have a wrongful death claim arising from a pedestrian accident, contact us for a free consultation. We’ll work closely with you to ensure your rights are protected, and your claim is handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
What Is Comparative Fault?
In Wisconsin, even if you are partially to blame for an accident that occurred, you may still be entitled to compensation. The total damages are calculated, and the estimate of your responsibility for the accident is based on a percentage. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault for the cause of the accident, your compensation would be lessened by 20% of the total damages awarded. If the victim is found to be more than 50% at fault, they are typically prevented from seeking compensation. Working with an experienced attorney can help ensure that the other party does not assign you more than your fair share of blame and that you’re entitled to as much compensation as possible.
What Should I Do If I’m Involved In A Pedestrian Accident?
As with any personal injury or motor vehicle accident, the first and most important thing is to seek medical care. Some injuries present with mild symptoms in the beginning and later can develop into something significantly more severe. It is best to have a professional examine you to determine what may be wrong and prevent further damage.
It is in your best interest to speak with an experienced attorney about the facts surrounding your case. A knowledgeable attorney can guide you through the following steps. These may include helping you gather evidence, beginning to work on the case while you are seeking medical attention, and easing your mind regarding the uncertainty you may feel during this emotionally demanding time.
Speak to a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Madison, Today.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a Wisconsin pedestrian accident, you don’t have to go through this chapter of your life alone. Contact our office today at (608) 200-3805 to answer your specific questions and learn how we can best help you and your family move forward.
Pemberton Personal Injury Law Firm
5609 Medical Cir #4
Madison, WI 53719